Pre-employment screening prevents problems in your workplace.
According to the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD), substance abuse in the workplace generally results in 4 major problems:
- premature death/fatal accidents
- increased injury/accident rates
- absenteeism/taking additional sick leave
- decreased productivity
If not addressed, substance abuse in your workplace could lead to high turnover, low morale, theft, and a host of other issues.
However, as an employer, you can take charge by requiring job candidates and new hires to submit to a background check that includes pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
Pre-employment screening helps employers hiring staff required to deal with high-risk situations such as:
- Working with children, adult patients, or the elderly
- Handling money (including credit card/payment information)
- Maintaining confidential data (e.g. account numbers, social security numbers, HIPPA data)
- Using passwords and codes (i.e. protecting you AND your client’s information)
- Managing expensive technology, equipment and office supplies
Keep your workplace safe and drug-free. For more information on how New England Drug Testing can be your pre-employment screening partner, contact us to schedule a consultation.
With NE Drug Testing, you are also covered after you hire employees. Read more about our workplace drug screening services.